Thinking about a career in the dairy industry?
Australia’s dairy industry is one of the most important rural industries in the country, contributing close to A$13 billion a year to our national economy.
Today, the average dairy farm is a multimillion dollar business and today's dairy farmer is a business professional who has a range of skills and can adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The dairy industry offers a range of career options. You could work on-farm or in one of many supporting areas such as manufacturing, veterinary or agronomy, to name just a few!
If you’re thinking about a career in the dairy industry, or you’re a teacher looking for tools to help your students with their career planning, our Cows Create Careers program can provide the support you need to get started.
Cows Create Careers Program
Our Cows Create Careers program was started by the Strzelecki Lions Club in Gippsland, Victoria in 2004. It’s grown into a national program that offers practical, insightful dairy industry education and career opportunities to secondary school students across Australia.
This module is designed to provide a introduction to career opportunities available in the Australian dairy industry.
- Offers firsthand knowledge from experienced dairy farmers and industry advocates to encourage and support students.
- Introduces students to education opportunities through vocational and university pathways.
- Demonstrates clear relationships between key learning areas in school and real life professional applications.
- Helps students with career decision making through established links with the education and employment sectors.
- Rewards all successful students and schools.