Delicious milk-based drinks with blended fruit and yogurt added. Very popular in summer when an abundance of fresh fruit creates a velvety thick satisfying experience. Any ripe, soft fruits can be used – bananas, strawberries, mangoes, peaches and apricots, to name a few. Simply place fruit in the blender, add a 200g tub of yogurt and a splash of cold milk and blend until the fruit is smooth. Slowly add extra milk to adjust consistency to taste.
Tired of the same old smoothies? Here are some quick flavours to add to your usual smoothie that really make a difference.
- Fresh mint or basil leaves (great with berries or mango!)
- Freshly grated ginger (fabulous with carrot or banana and honey)
- Cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla
- Chai tea (infuse in water or milk, cool and then add to blender)
- Malt powder (retro, but delicious with banana or chocolate)
Fabulous smoothie combinations include:
- Peach, banana and passionfruit
- Strawberry, banana and almond
- Mango, passionfruit and coconut
- Banana, orange and ginger
- Mixed berry, mint and chia seed
- Strawberry and basil